Menu
LiteralZombae
Settling in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Slow Speeds gig 1

In the last 3 weeks ive noticed my Wifi speeds on my PC are very slow. I used to be getting 1000 Download on it and now its struggling to get past 215. 

Ive reset the router. updated it. I have a wired connection always. Nothing seems to be fixing it. 

when using Samknows speed tests I can see my Wifi Box is getting 1000+ but my actual PC only 215. 

I dont know what else to try to rectify this issue

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Speeds gig 1

What speeds do you get at >> Sam Knows Real Speed << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E or better ethernet cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
LiteralZombae
Settling in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

i used to get 1009 on average. my pc now only gets 215/216. 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Please post a screen shot of the Sam Knows Real Speed test onto here.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
LiteralZombae
Settling in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

sam knows.png

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@LiteralZombae wrote:

i used to get 1009 on average. my pc now only gets 215/216. 

You wouldn’t get more than 940Mbps due to the Hub4 having only gigabit ports

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
LiteralZombae
Settling in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have prior to the last few weeks been getting higher than 950 on sam knows speed tests. however its still due to be higher than 500 at minimum and it hasnt for the last few weeks 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Post the Network, Upstream and Downstream logs from the hubs admin pages back here as text please 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos