Re: Slow Ethernet Speeds

Will do

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 12 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Your Ethernet LAN adapter is 100Mbps, no such thing as a 100Mbps wireless adapter, or a gigabit one for that matter.

What is the make\ model of the wireless adapter in the PC?
You should find it in the same section of Windows device manager as the LAN adapter.
However,the wired speeds do suggest that there is a problem with cable\pc, it is a bit odd you are getting the same speeds wired and wireless. Did you disable the wireless when testing wired?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 13 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Screenshot_3.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 14 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@griffin wrote:

Your Ethernet LAN adapter is 100Mbps, no such thing as a 100Mbps wireless adapter, or a gigabit one for that matter.

Just to continue my education, what would you call this ?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hommie-AC1200Mbps-Bluetooth-Dual-Band-Wireless/dp/B07MNWV6F5/

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 15 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Oops.. meant this one which my lad has

Gigabyte GC-WB1733D-I Wireless-AC PCI-E Network Interface Card + Bluetooth v5.0-1733Mbps https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FBSV1XZ/

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 16 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@jbrennand wrote:

@griffin wrote:

Just to continue my education, what would you call this ?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hommie-AC1200Mbps-Bluetooth-Dual-Band-Wireless/dp/B07MNWV6F5/

Marketing for the Gullible.

That is a 2 x 2 dual band wireless adapter, with maximum LINK speeds of 300 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band and 866 Mbps on the 5GHz band using wireless AC. Even if you could use both bands at the same time, it will not get even close to 1Gbps real speeds.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 17 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@jbrennand wrote:

Oops.. meant this one which my lad has

Gigabyte GC-WB1733D-I Wireless-AC PCI-E Network Interface Card + Bluetooth v5.0-1733Mbps https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FBSV1XZ/

That is a 2 x 2 Dual Band Wireless AC (wave 2) wireless network card and Bluetooth combo made by Gigabyte Smiley Happy

Again not capable of gigabit speeds in the real world but might get around 800Mbps using a wave 2 router and a following wind as the 160 MHz channel takes up a lot of the 5GHz spectrum

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 18 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Ahh.. ok griffin ta. He wasn't happy with it for gaming on the PC and so bought himself some Solwise powerlines, that have always been rock steady and he has never complained since. I think the main reason though was he was located as far from my Airport Extreme as he could be in our house !

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos