Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 11 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Broadband Speeds & Poor Customer service

Hi Tom,

Thanks for that bit of clarity. Waiting to the 22nd is a VERY long time.

Is there a compensation procedure? 5mb internet for a week isn't satisfactory.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 12 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Kembo80, 

You can find all the details of our automatic compensation scheme by clicking here

Once again we really appreciate your understanding and patience and hope to have a permanent fix in place very soon. 

Regards, 

Dean C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 13 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dean (or anyone who can help for that matter),

It is now around 10am on the day this issue was promised to be fixed, and I am still getting very slow broadband speeds.

What exactly is going on with this? This fault has now severely disrupted my evening job for more than a week now. I've noted the compensation procedure and will get to this in due course, however, I'd rather just pay for the service I signed up for instead of creaming money through compensation!

This is just embarrassing behaviour by Virgin, not so much as a courtesy call by Virgin to explain to me the situation at hand (preferably a call by somebody not India). The Service Status is still saying 'No known issues' when this fault has carried on for more than a week. I've lost all patience with this now, I'll be expecting a courtesy call from someone in the UK, or if all else fails a visit from an engineer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kembo80, 

Thank you for getting back in touch with us. 

I have checked on the open faults reference and unfortunately the issue is still ongoing within the area with the estimated fix of 24th April 9AM.  With faults, the time guidelines are only estimates and can change dependent on the issue and if the work required is more complex than anticipated.  

I appreciate that you have received an intermittent / slow service for a week or so now but I can assure you our team are working to get this fixed. 

With a known fault, it is not standard practice to call customers within the area as it can impact as some may not be impacted.   I am sorry we would be unable to arrange an engineer visit as this issue appears to be outside of your property. 

I understand any downtime or fault with your service can be frustrating and we will always do what we can to get you back up and running as soon as possible.

Thank you for your time and patience, 

Nat
0 Kudos