Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Slow Booster Speeds

The speed coming from the booster is abysmally slow, running at around 2.5mbps compared to 45+ close to the router which is two rooms away.  I've moved the larger hub a few times, but to no avail.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Booster Speeds

Yup. They’re slow as they’re powerline and require a good ring main.

Send then back and get your own better kit 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you're only getting around 45 Mbps close to the hub, then (in addition to the booster issue) there's something wrong with your wifi setup or your cable connection.  Do you have any devices that are or can be connected to the hub by a network cable, so that you could run a series of speed tests at Ookla?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I'll plug my Mac in and run them.  I'm next to the hub now and getting 18mbps on wireless!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

We need wired tests direct to the hub for clarification. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos