Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sky Q disconnecting from internet

Hi, sorry this has probably been asked before but I’m not tech savvy really. 

we used to be with sky broadband and we have sky TV. never any issues except slow upload and download speeds so we changed to virgins Wi-Fi. 

since changing I have had to continually re connect to the Wi-Fi through our main sky Q box as it loses connection. This then means the two mini boxes we have, have to be reset to connect to the main box again. I’m having to do this at least daily. 

any ideas? 

we do have the main sky Q box by an Ethernet cable. Worth putting this in rather than running it off Wi-Fi? 

ive seen info on 2.5 or 5 ghz or whatever and no idea what anyone’s on about so unless it’s put really into super simple context for me I’d have no idea what to do. 

sky engineer booked to come out in December but hoping I can fix it myself before then. 

thank you so much. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Q disconnecting from internet

Connect with an Ethernet cable and see if it works better

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. It hasn’t helped unfortunately. I have to unplug Q box every morning and wait 30 secs and re plug to reset the whole system. Nightmare

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I don’t see why it would do that.

Have you factory reset the network settings in the Q box and set it up as Ethernet from a different provider (I.e not Sky)?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos