Menu
Gordon_13
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sky Q box

Spoiler
I am having problems keeping my WiFi connected to my sky q box, it connects the drops off.... This occurs regularly..any suggestions on how to resolve this problem
0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Q box

Have you tried separating thew WiFi bands by login into to hub.

Log in to the Hub by visiting 192.168.0.1 preferably on a device wired by ethernet.

Advanced Settings > Wireless Signal > click ‘Disable Channel Optimization’ > Click ‘Apply Changes’.

Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security > Add 2 to the 2.4GHz Chanel name > Add 5 to the 5 GHz Chanel name > Click ‘Apply Changes’

You can leave the passwords the same as they are.

Log out of the Hub.

You will need to reconnect all you WiFi devices some will want to connect to 5Ghz and some to 2.4GHz and some will connect to either.

While we're at it, which hub do you have if you know?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-configure-advanced-settings-on-your-hub

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
Brava210
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I had this exact issue 2 years ago, the only solution that worked for me was the use a better router

and put the Virgin Hub in Modem mode

Virgin 350 Hub 3, 3 x V6, TP-Link Deco AX20 x1, M5 x2 - United Artists/Telewest/VM Since 1990
0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

OK, can you post the modem stats please.

Open http://192.168.100.1/ (if you have your Hub in Modem mode) in your browser

For Hubs 2 & 3 - DO NOT LOG IN, just click “Check Router Status”

For Hub 4 - When the page appears LOG IN then click on: Advanced Settings > Tools > Network Status.

Please copy and paste the contents of the Downstream, Upstream, Configuration and Network Log tabs in replies here.

If this is your first time you may have to do first setup of hub password.

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
Gordon_13
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advise tried them unfortunately without success...I have now tried to order the pods to see if a better signal will assist

0 Kudos
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sky Q will only connect via 2.4g if not using a Sky router. 

The Sky Q box also transmits its own Wi-Fi network with can be disbabled via hidden menu.

Best option is cable between Sky Q and Hub3 and disbale the Sky Q network..working for me 🙂

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Good to know, I was just about to look into why my Q box sucked on WiFi, this explains it.

Oh well it will be connected by Ethernet once new line goes in.