cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Since changing hub 3 to hub 5 Virgin box wont connect via WiFi. Fail while negociating

pjanslow
Joining in

Just changed hub 3 to hub 5. V6 box won’t connect via wifi and my Arlo video doorbell won’t connect intermittently. 

14 REPLIES 14

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Do other devices connect fine? Try remaking the connection in the V6 Network settings.

Did you change the standard SSID/Password combination in the Hub5 settings to the same ones the Hub3 had?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi, I changed the security details(SSID & password) to the same as my hub3 in the hope that it would simplify reconnecting to my Smart home devices. The Arlo video doorbell connects then disconnects. I can not get my main V6 box to connect (fail while negociating) but my other box connects fine. Hive thermostat seems OK. All of these worked perfectly with my hub3

Hi, I changed the security details(SSID & password) to the same as my hub3 in the hope that it would simplify reconnecting to my Smart home devices. The Arlo video doorbell connects then disconnects. I can not get my main V6 box to connect (fail while negociating) but my other box connects fine. Hive thermostat seems OK. All of these worked perfectly with my hub3

Hi pjanslow,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you're been having some issues with your V6 connecting. 

I've had a look at things from our side, can you please ensure the V6 is switched on so I can run through a few tests?

Alex_Rm

RayW2
Dialled in

At least you have been given a Hub 5.

Those of us lowly users [1Gb] can only dream of such things ...

"I changed the security details(SSID & password) to the same as my hub3"

I quite agree with the approach for convenience & simplicity but ...

... the Hub 5 has nightmare WiFi defects the change of SSID may be enough to cause the Hub 5's WiFi fails to operate reliably.

My v6 box will be on until around 22:00 today wed 5th April for tests. I have 2 V6 boxes. One in bedroom connected to hub5 via WiFi and works fine. One in lounge would not connect to hub5 via WiFi. I have connected via ethernet powerline which works most of the time but then fails. I changed to WiFi link with hub3 which worked perfectly. Then I changed to hub5. Initial problem was V6 box but also had problems linking to Amazon Kindle and Arlo video doorbell. The video doorbell signal meter used to show 3 of 4 bars with hub3, now shows 1 bar(red) with hub5 so works intermittently

@pjanslow wrote:
My v6 box will be on until around 22:00 today wed 5th April for tests. I have 2 V6 boxes. One in bedroom connected to hub5 via WiFi and works fine. One in lounge would not connect to hub5 via WiFi. I have connected via ethernet powerline which works most of the time but then fails. I changed to WiFi link with hub3 which worked perfectly. Then I changed to hub5. Initial problem was V6 box but also had problems linking to Amazon Kindle and Arlo video doorbell. The video doorbell signal meter used to show 3 of 4 bars with hub3, now shows 1 bar(red) with hub5 so works intermittently

Log into the hub, go to “connected devices” look at the list, specifically the connection speed of your devices, if any of them aren’t issued IP addresses, or have a speed of 0, it’s the DHCP firmware fault…I find putting “smart Wi-Fi” on/off a few times whilst checking the above stats works for me ( as long as you end up leaving it on in the end )

IF i have helped you, please give me kudos / mark me as helpful, thanks

Hi @pjanslow thanks for your reply, sorry this is still unresolved for you. 

Unfortunately, there is still one box showing as offline at the moment and this perhaps could be the box we need to run checks for - could you please turn this on so both are online or alternatively, follow the instructions that @spikey673 has provided to see if this gets us any answers please?

Many thanks

Tom_W