Menu
Bigfish1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sheer Frustration ~ again

Ironically, I'm a virgin to this group and am looking for someone to help.

I have a Hub3 and whilst the signal to the PC (3' away) is great reception to virtually any other part of the house is grim at best.

I have recently bought 3 Deco boosters ~ they don't seem to have helped. I actually managed to get to speak to someone in the subcontinent this morning about the problem. He has 'changed' my signal to both 2G and 5G. I have an outbuilding which is 40ft away from the Hub, separated by one pane of glass and fresh air and I cannot even get my original WiFi connection, let alone my two 'new' ones.

As you can tell, I know little if anything about these tech issues and would love an engineer to come round and fix the equipment that I'm paying for.

I have several more beefs, but I'll save those for another time! Can anyone help with this one, please?

Thanks

Chris

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Sheer Frustration ~ again

vm don't guarantee any wifi connctions. they won't send an engineer around to fix wifi.
if you gave installed a mesh system correctly and still get no signal you likely have interference in the area
0 Kudos
Adduxi
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

VM do not guarantee wifi performance, only wired to the Hub.

Having said that, to get wifi out to your outbuilding, you really should run an external grade Cat 6 cable from the Hub outside to the building.  Once fitted put a wireless access point in.  That will sort it out. 

0 Kudos
sophist
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

what deco system did you buy, and how have you set it up? did you just connect one of the decos to the hub and crack on? 🙂

the "best" way to do it is to configure the hub to be a modem and exclusively use the decos for wireless etc. 

whilst it might be possible to pick up a wireless signal from the decos from the outbuilding, it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't reach down there.. if you want a reliable signal down there then follow @Adduxi's advice and run a cable down there and then perhaps put one of the deco units in there..or buy another access point to put in there. 

0 Kudos