Menu
Highlighted
stesuv
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sh4 has bad latency and slow WiFi speeds.

Sick and tired of being told I’m wrong and there is nothing wrong.  I have broadband quality monitor proving I have bad latency and packet loss but the idiots at virginmedia tech team are arguing that there’s nothing wrong. They keep putting me through to gadget help where they’re expecting me to pay for help. (Hahahah don’t think so) I’ve had nothing but problems talking to the guys wherever they’re from. Ethernet speeds can go up to 800mb but WiFi get on average 110mb and only ever go up to 400mb between midnight and 4am. . Latency spikes from 50ms right up to 800ms at random times but mainly between 4pm and midnight. Packet loss is anywhere between 4% and 20% at the same times. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
MikeRobbo
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sh4 has bad latency and slow WiFi speeds.

Firstly you need to put your evidene on here so that one of the Gurus or VM staff can see what is happening and advise from there.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Lets see this broadband quality monitor of yours.

Your ping spikes could be happening when you are doing a upload or download like online backup.

Packet loss could mean upstream noise post from the hub the T# timeout counters 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
stesuv
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

There are no issues showing on the network side of things. Have you had any further issues since you last posted, if you are encountering any further issues, please could you supply an up-to-date BQM so we can reference it against our network and be able to advise further on it.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The WiFi on the Hub 4 is no better than the Hub 3 - i.e. it's atrocious.

Could be a reason why they dropped the "super" part from the hub's naming.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
stesuv
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes I’ve had nothing but issues and every call I have made to the team has resulted in anger as the staff do nothing but read from a screen and run tests from SamKnows.com saying everything is fine. But it’s obviously not as I wouldn’t be ringing up. Finally they have agreed that an engineer can come to look tomorrow. 

www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/e4277aace28186cf5456b1185ea6c50324d7f5db
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that your issues have continued to happen but im glad that the team have agreed to get a technician to visit your property tomorrow. Please let us know how the visit goes and if that fixes the issues that you've been having with your broadband.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos