Menu
Knibbsy1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Setting up hub as modem

I have recently tried to change my hub 3 from a router to a modem

i’ve carefully followed the instructions and after applying changes the hub been doing it’s own thing ~ but it ends up with a red light on the bottom of the hub

it’s strange because my new router does appear to set up a Wi-fi network but when I try to go into apps on the tele it says there is no internet connection 

advice?

(I have since factory reset the hub so it’s back acting as a router)

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Setting up hub as modem

The red light is normal when in modem mode.

Have you got a new SSID and password on the third-arty router, and if so, have you reconfigured devices to these new details?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Tudor
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Follow these these instructions. When the magenta LED shows, looks red to some people, turn off the hub and your router. Now tun on your router until fully initialised, then turn on VM hub. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
Knibbsy1
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for all the help

important to restart tv boxes and DVD players to get them to reset #thepowerofonoff!

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Well-informed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Absolutely !

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos