Menu
dariak
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Setting up Yealink DECT IP Phone

Hi, I am a new VM customer and my package includes landline. My old landline phone wasn’t compatible with Hub 3 and I purchased a Yealink DECT IP Phone (W60B & W56H) hoping it will work with Virgin’s VOIP telephone system. 

There are no proper instructions on how to set it up, it just says connect the base to the router via Etharnet cable supplied. Am I supposed to connect to VoIP telephone ports located at the top at the back of the hub? The Ethernet cable doesn’t fit in there, I can only connect to ports located underneath telephone ports. I’ve tried that but sadly it doesn’t work.

Can anyone please explain what am I doing wrong?

I’m sorry I’m not very technical as you can see from my message! 

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Setting up Yealink DECT IP Phone

Virgin isn't compatible with IP phones, you use a regular phone. You should try and get a refund

0 Kudos
Tudor
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

What was the problem with your old phone, it should have been compatible?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@dariak wrote:

<snip>

Can anyone please explain what am I doing wrong?

I’m sorry I’m not very technical as you can see from my message! 

You need the small adapter lead (shown in bottom left photo here, which VM should have supplied you with)

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/home-phone-line-faults

and you just plug an ordinary phone into that

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello dariak,

Thanks for taking the time to post in regards to your new IP phone and the problems setting it up. We appreciate you raising this via the forums.

As advised by our members, IP phones are currently supported, we can see that you have called since your post and been transferred to our business team. Were they able to help with your query?

An alternative would be to use the adapter that came with the Hub to use a standard phone in the phone ports on the back of the Hub.

Rob

0 Kudos