Step by step instructions:
How to put a VM hub into modem mode:
1) Access your hub on 192.168.0.1, sign on and put it into modem mode. On the Hub3 the bottom LED will change to magenta. Best done from a wired connection.
2) Turn off the hub and disconnect any Ethernet cables
3) Fully initialise your own router or mesh master unit and make sure the WAN port is set to DHCP
4) Connect your router or mesh master unit to the VM hub with an Ethernet cable, Cat5e or Cat6, any higher specification is a waste of money
5) Turn on the VM hub.
6) You should now be able to access the internet and the hub will now be on 192.168.100.1
Note: this only needs doing once for each new router or VM changes your WAN IP address.
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2