Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Services aren’t currently available, but available to houses either side of my own and the whole road

Hi,

Wanted to know if anyone can be of any assistance.

I've moved into a new property and I was really keen on getting a Full Oomph bundle, however when I used the postcode checker I was told I was unable to get the service.
However after doing some investigating with neighbors on the road, more than around 70% of them have Virgin Media installed in their property. I then went to the postcode checker to find out that the neighbors on either side of my house both have Virgin Media already installed.

So then I did some digging around the forum and found my situation seems to be similar to this forum post: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Service-not-available-at-address-but-neighbours-h...
So I too called the sales team who were not surprisingly not very helpful in this instance either. No matter how many times I tried to recommend that they send a spotter to check my property/surroundings, they wouldn't even entertain the idea. Safe to say my call to the sales team was not a pleasant experience of someone who is trying to become a customer. You would think they wouldn't want to make a sale with the way they handled the situation.  

I just seem to have been put on a waiting list that I was told can take up to 18 months to investigate, which to me seems absurd. Especially when near enough the whole street is on Virgin Media. 

To get a full picture my property is a maisonette and I live on the ground floor. I have spoken to the floor above and they have said they would be interested in Virgin Media also, however I understand there may be some difficulties with that. 

Would someone please be able to help as this has been an extremely displeasing experience so far.

Warm regards,
Paul

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Services aren’t currently available, but available to houses either side of my own and the whole road

A VM person should respond in a day or two and offer more direct help, but its not unusual for a property to be un-connectable whilst other properties around it are.
There may be a blockage to laying your cable "ducting" - in that is uneconomic to bypass or the locale may already have the maximum number of users and cannot be increased - just to state a couple

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Services aren’t currently available, but available to houses either side of my own and the wh...

Hi ninojonesy,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. 

I am sorry to hear about what has happened.

I will private message you so we can discuss this further.

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Services aren’t currently available, but available to houses either side of my own and the whole road

Hi all,

Just wanted to give everyone an update in case any stumbles across this thread in the future. So someone from the Virgin Media sales team called me and let me know that the services were indeed available in my area and my house just hadn't been added to the list yet.

So if you find yourself in circumstances similar to mine, just make sure you get on the phone to Virgin and let them know. Hopefully someone should reach out to you too.

Consider this closed!

0 Kudos