cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service outage in BL4 area for 2 weeks

Louisefleming
Joining in

There has been no Internet in parts of BL4 area of Bolton for over 2 weeks. VM are aware and have been 'working hard to fix it" since 8th December. The updates keep saying  it will be resolved by following day then changes every day to next day. Can anyone at VM get this sorted. Over 2 weeks with no Internet is not good. I understand some are also without TV services too. Ringing them takes hours and then they assure us it will be resolved later that day.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Nothing you can do other than keep checking the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

jem101
Superstar

@Louisefleming wrote:

There has been no Internet in parts of BL4 area of Bolton for over 2 weeks. VM are aware and have been 'working hard to fix it" since 8th December. The updates keep saying  it will be resolved by following day then changes every day to next day. Can anyone at VM get this sorted. Over 2 weeks with no Internet is not good. I understand some are also without TV services too. Ringing them takes hours and then they assure us it will be resolved later that day.

Thanks.

So do you have complete loss of service, ie you have absolutely no internet connection at all? Well in that case the good news is that you are entitled to compensation of about £8.60 per day, less the two working days or so that VM are supposed to fix it in

Now the bad news is this, when VM say that ‘engineers or on the way’, or they are ‘working hard to fix this’ it creates an image of either highly trained engineers are right now barrelling up the motorway in the equivalent of the Batmobile, or that said highly trained staff are pulling ‘all nighters’ to resolve the issue. The actual truth is somewhat different. In reality, VM have acknowledged the issue exists, but it is either in someone’s job queue to get round to at some point in the future, or that they know what the issue is but fixing it will cost money and the required funds haven’t been allocated yet.

Bottom line, they’re not actually doing anything right now but hope that you aren’t aware of the compensation scheme, or won’t know how to make a claim!

Now I do fully understand that sometimes ‘stuff’ breaks, and sometimes it’s not as easy as you might think to rectify it quickly, for whatever reason. However I tend to think that most people are reasonable and if VM were honest and up front, then customers would be annoyed and expect to be compensated, but would be more understanding.

It’s the continuous lies and false ‘promises’ that it will be fixed within 24 hours or so that really annoys people, and that’s not really the fault of the poor sap on the other end of the phone, they can only relay what’s on the screen in front of them - no, the issue is VM’s fundamentally broken, and not fit for purpose customer services model.

And this really isn’t any surprise, this sort of stuff has been going on for so long now, that it is inconceivable that VM’s senior management aren’t aware of it. Except they choose to do nothing about it, which leads to the obvious conclusion that they simply don’t care about customer services, which leads the poor suffering forum team members on here and, to some extent, the offshore, outsourced first-line support (not too sure that there is any 2nd or 3rd line support) staff trying to defend the indefensible.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Louisefleming 👋

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. It's great to have you on board with us here 😊

I am so sorry you have been affecting by an area outage. I appreciate that isn't ideal and can understand your frustration.

Due to the nature of technical faults, if more work than originally anticipated is required, the estimated time of fix is subject to change. 

I have had a look at our systems and I can not see any Fault impacting you at this moment in time. 

Can you confirm all is okay with your service now? It would also be worth rebooting your hub after an outage has been resolved - I note there is a 19 day uptime.

Let us know so we can offer further support if required. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks Ayisha_B,

The Internet at BL4 0LB is definitely still NOT resolved. It has been off since 8th December and every few days VM change the date of when it will be restored. 

I do not follow your comment "I have had a look at our systems and I can not see any Fault impacting you at this moment in time. "... this outage is affecting several neighbours in the postcode area. 

It would be nice if VM could issue a high priority to it which they do not appear to have done yet.

Regards.

HI Louisefleming, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums.

We have checked the area and there is no outages. 

Can you confirm of this is a total loss or intermittent? 

Are you still having issues with the service?

Kind regards, Chris.