Menu
Shauncl1985
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Service disconnected

Hi

I could really do with some help here. At  dead on midnight, my Internet and TV cut out. I've logged onto the app and it says I'm no longer a customer.

I'm moving house next week on February 12th. I have told virgin of the exact date, but I have a very bad feeling that my service has disconnected a week early.

There's no one to speak with right now as the call centres are closed. I have work in the morning and I work from home currently. I cannot go a week without an Internet connection. I have no idea how this has happened, but could someone please look into this urgently?

I'm getting error code 7400 on the tv and no Internet connectivity whatsoever, for almost an hour now. I'm panicking a bit as I have a very important Skype interview in the morning. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Service disconnected

Be prepared to use your mobile internet for for interview tomorrow.

Best to call customer service at 8am sharp when they open

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shauncl1985, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that the service has been disconnected, in order to get the account reconnected we would need to remove the new account and this could remove the install date to something later. We could do this or you may be able to get a Mobile dongle in the meantime. Please let us know how you would like to proceed. Chris

0 Kudos
Shauncl1985
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris

Could I have a mobile dongle delivered as soon as possible please? I did phone earlier and I believe this was arranged, but could you double check for me and advice on when I will receive?

It was explained that my service has been disconnected early due to human error, which naturally I'm very annoyed about.

I don't wish to make any changes to the new account, I just need a connection to tide me over until next Friday.

Also, as I have lost access to all of my tv channels, I asked if I could use the app as an alternative. I was told that this would be okay but when I try to sign in, it doesn't recognise my details (due to my account being terminated early no doubt). Is there some way around this. Being housebound, as we all are, the tv is essentially my sole source of entertainment these days.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I will send you a private message so that this can be discussed securely. Chris

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for looking in @Chris_W1

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

HI JitteryPinger, thanks not a problem and hopefully we can get everything resolved for Shauncl1985. 

Shauncl1985, please look out for the purple envelope. 

Chris. 

0 Kudos