Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Service checker not up to date

Is there a way to reliably contact Virgin? I didn’t hours trying to sort my broadband as service checker said no prob in our area for several hours! Unable find dollying on line or app or get thru on phone. Now says there is local problem thankfully. The replies I had don’t appear to be independent, is this a customer forum or Virgin customer service posting corporate replies? 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Service checker not up to date

If there’s an area issue you need to wait for it to be resolved. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Lisaoxford wrote:

Is there a way to reliably contact Virgin? I didn’t hours trying to sort my broadband as service checker said no prob in our area for several hours! Unable find dollying on line or app or get thru on phone. Now says there is local problem thankfully. The replies I had don’t appear to be independent, is this a customer forum or Virgin customer service posting corporate replies? 

It isn't independent and it isn't Virgin customer service posting corporate replies.

It is a community forum with VM Staff dropping in when needed.

The Check Service status on this page will only show problems that affect everybody in the area.

Try phoning 0800 561 0061, this will tell you of more local issues that may be affecting your district. Be aware that it isn't a manned line.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Lisaoxford, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear you're having issues with your broadband.  Is there still an area issue showing?  Also as the fantastic @MikeRobbo has implied, if there is an area issue showing for broadband in your locality, we cannot specifically send a tech to your property for a broadband issue. There would be no way of being 100% sure that the steps our technician took would resolve the issue.  Therefore booking one would be auto-cancelled, sorry.

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos