Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Service check

Internet was down so did a service check in area 30 which came up with virgin were fixing the problem, 30 minutes disruption fair enough. An hour or so later still the same result, but turned out a restart with the router and all worked well. The 'get updates' obviously does not work and a day later running service check again reveals the same message virgin fixing a fault although internet appears to be working. What's going on? Have virgin forgot to reset the test notification?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Service check

Hi Udgywudgy,

I've had a look at your area and cannot see any outages relating to the internet. Are you still getting these messages since you last posted?

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It now appears the router is restarting its self randomly, I have the latest router and all was well, as I was getting cut offs from the previous router it was replaced. Has the router developed a fault? Is there some other reason for it to quite regularly restart? Maybe a virgin engineer to look at it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Udgywudgy, thanks for coming back to us.

I am sorry to hear of the broadband issues. I've ran a service check in the background and there is an SNR (signal to noise ratio) issue affecting the service. This has an estimated fix date of the 19th November 2019 and the fault number for your records is F007553313. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So virgin have supposed to have fixed the problem? Well the router is still restarting itself, getting really fed up with this now as I'm paying a fortune for the service and it is not delivering  I'd say it's in preach of contract?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that you're having problems with your router Udgywudgy, has this improved at all since you last posted to us?

If there is still a problem, is the hubs still restarting or are there any lights flashing on the hub at the moment?

Have you rebooted your hub since the issue was resolved? This can sometimes clear the issue that you've been having with your services.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos