Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

SeeWiFi booster

I've been trying to get in touch with virgin media about needing a booster for weeks now it's actually a joke. 

Have even put a complaint email in as it's just turning into a never ending cycle with no result.

The connect app doesn't work for me when I discover a blackspot and need to order a booster. And I read on community you can just call in and arrange it that way.

I spoke to an agent, she transferred me to technical team and STILL no response. 

Virgin media what on earth is going on? I'm appalled , I've not had such bad customer service in so long. It's an urgency I need this booster arranging as I am working from home and I know that this booster will resolve my issues. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: SeeWiFi booster

Do yourself a favour and buy your own better equipment.

Boosters are only free to customers with the Gig1 package and/or a Hub4.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I did think to buy my own but the virgin media boosters are better comparability wise as I already have 1 with them, I need another to link to the existing.

Last resort eBay and buy off someone there as I don't see virgin selling them on the site 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virgin own them and request them back when you finishing renting them.

Any you buy from eBay will be handling of stolen goods.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

wsntRe: SeeWiFi booster

Oh I wasnt aware they take them back. Are there any particular boosters you would recommend I look into? 

Could just get a really powerful third one to resolve my issue. I intend to stay with virgin media they're the best provider for internet imo

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: wsntRe: SeeWiFi booster

Yes the boosters are only loaned/rented, like the Hub.

I would look into a mesh system over boosters/extenders. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Didn't actually know about mesh systems until you mentioned to me

Any particular mesh system you'd recommend? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

• So I took your advice and ordered a mesh WiFi system. It's fantastic!
  • I got a TP Links M5 , 3 for my home, and it's bloody brilliant.
  • I have WiFi in all.corners of my home and work calls/WFH life is so much smoother now.

Honestly such great advice!

Thanks a lot