cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

See guest network devices

bowie_p
Joining in

I’ve set up guest Wi-Fi for my son to use. When I look on my virgin app I can’t see any of his devices connected so have no control over them. I can only see what’s connected to normal Wi-Fi. Is this just how it is? 

Also, is there a way to turn off guest Wi-Fi in the app? 

7 REPLIES 7

Cardiffman282
Problem sorter

I am not clear how your son is a guest for these purposes.

If your son is young maybe instead use VM parental controls or else get a better router with more granular controls than the hub and put the hub in modem mode. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Client62
Alessandro Volta

Parents need to focus on education of acceptable use and not enforcement. 

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

You treat your son as a guest?🤣 VM go to the trouble of doing this stupid App to control devices to the hub and you use the guest network to put your son on  

---------------------------------------------------------------

It was so I could switch the Wi-Fi off without switching the whole house Wi-Fi off 

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Why is it not ok for them to use the internet?

Put them on 2.4GHz SSID and disable that and have 5GHz for yourself

---------------------------------------------------------------

Ha. There’s always one. My son is well educated on the subject and is quite good with it but sometimes you need an off button. It’s 2023 and parents need to do both prevention and enforcement. I take it your parents never grounded you or took anything off you when you were rude or naughty as a child? 

I was unaware the same device controls weren’t available on the new guest network. I have some mesh Wi-Fi things I can use instead.