Menu
Just joined
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Security camera connected via ethernet

i have purchased a security camera that i have put at the front of the house, the wifi singal is not strong enough for connect via wifi so i have run an ethernet cable to it.

The camera is powered and i can see it listed in the connected devices however the app (via my phone, which is connected to the same network) does not see it on the network.

I'm wondering if there is some security issue that is preventing it for connecting? I'm not seeing anything in the settings that seems relevant.

Wonder if anyone else has had this problem or can suggest a fix?

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Security camera connected via ethernet

Without knowing the make and model nobody will be able to help. If you post these, hopefully, we can find the manual online. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Just joined
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The model is - Goowls 1080P Pan/Tilt 2.4G WiFi Home Smart Security Surveillance IP Camera Wired

Amazon link - https://www.amazon.com/Security-Goowls-Surveillance-Waterproof-Detection/dp/B083J11JG8

0 Kudos
Just joined
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Also the manual was useless and could barely string a sentence together

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can you disconnect the ethernet cable and move the camera closer to the Hub so that you can get a Wi-Fi connection  and make sure the app works.

Then connect the ethernet cable and try again.

If that doesn't work, can you Login to the Hub Settings and navigate to the Connected Devices page - take note of the IP Address for the camera.

Open a browser up, type the IP Address into the URL bar in the browser and see if it connects to the camera.

PS

Another thought, is the app designed to work from the WAN side of the Hub.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos