cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second network on WIFI

gilfin64
Joining in

I want to set up a second network with password so I can better control my child access, both content eg gambling, and times eg switch off.

Guest network is not suitable as it isn’t very flexible eg I can manually turn it on/off but I can’t set it automatically 

Moderators- please don’t send me the link ‘how to set up your broadband’ as setting up a second network is not included!

3 REPLIES 3

carl_pearce
Community elder

@gilfin64 wrote:

I want to set up a second network with password so I can better control my child access, both content eg gambling, and times eg switch off.

Guest network is not suitable as it isn’t very flexible eg I can manually turn it on/off but I can’t set it automatically 

Moderators- please don’t send me the link ‘how to set up your broadband’ as setting up a second network is not included!

You'd have to purchase your own router to achieve this.

Client62
Hero

The VM Hubs don't have the option to deliver what your suggesting.

An additional WiFi Access Point / Router that offers the required functionality will need to be identified.

How about leaving the mobile phone on the kitchen bench at night time like the rest of us do !

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Blame parents for growing up with tech thinking ISP are to blame instead of all the tech out their they can use to do what they want but choose to think the ISP should do it all.
---------------------------------------------------------------