Menu
EnanRosales
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Second Modem

Hello and good day to all..

I have a quick question..

I have extra connection point upstairs and I just want to know if I put a second modem on it will it work? I'm planning to put a virgin media hub 3.0 same as the one that I'm using downstairs..

Hope someone can answer me..

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Second Modem

Im afraid not, you would need a booster not a second hub

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
EnanRosales
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ok but if I just transfer my modem from the sitting room to my room it will wotk yeah?

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It would likely work if the point is still active. What happened to the second ‘modem’ you have and where did you get it?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
EnanRosales
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Im planning to buy in tje marketplace some are selling for €10 but I want to make sure first if it will work before buying that's why I ask here.

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Providing the point is live you can move your exisiting hub there. Please be sure to make sure all connections are tight if you do this.

Second hand hubs will not work. They all have serial numbers (MAC Addresses) and only when provisioned by us will they work. Please dont waste your money buying anything online.

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos