cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second Intelligent pod buzzing as well

alzo667
Joining in

I received a replacement Intelligent pod a couple of days ago and within a few hours it was making a really loud buzzing/ fan noise and over heating the same as the one it replaced. Is there a fault with these?

I have unplugged the device now not sure I actually want to have these in the house. Anyone else getting repeated incidents with these?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does it buzz if you plug it in another location? What happens if you plug a non buzzing pod there?

Just wondering if there's some sort of electrical fault with the socket 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does it buzz if you plug it in another location? What happens if you plug a non buzzing pod there?

Just wondering if there's some sort of electrical fault with the socket 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It was a different socket to previously, moved the plug to the hall way to see if that makes a difference.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
did it ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Nope same result

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi alzo667,

Carley is currently out of office so I've assigned this to myself to pick up.

I've dropped you a PM so we can discuss further.

Thanks,

Kain

RoobarbCustard
Joining in

Our WiFi pod just started buzzing at quarter to 1 one in the morning, we shot out of bed because it sounded like a fire alarm.  Couldn’t find out what it was so we went back to bed only for it to go off again 10 minutes later.  We’ve unplugged it (it was warm and flashing red) and so far …. Almost an hour later we are buzz free!!! 

Hey RoobarbCustard,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your WiFi pod, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L