cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second Broadband Account for Outside Office- Conflicting Information Given

saljaguar23
Settling in

Hi all, 

I am at my wits end a bit as I am being given conflicting information from Virgin Media online agents and an engineer who visited my property.

We have recently moved into a property and signed up with virgin media , we have also invested in a Nova mesh system.  We have an outside office in which we work and my partner in particular is having performance issues with his work system (taking calls)  I have also noticed a dip in performance when taking video calls etc.  We recently had a Virgin Engineer out and he suggested either running an ethernet cable from the house to the office, or, signing up for an additional broadband account with them , having a separate router installed in the office and paying an additional bill.

When I took part in an online chat with Virgin Media to get a quote for a second account, I was told second accounts aren't possible at the same address.  I am so confused now and just need someone to clarify one way or the other if this can be done?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @saljaguar23 

Thank you for reaching out to us here, to the community.

Second accounts are perfectly possible, it is something we can provide but it’s not a standard process which is why you may have received conflicting information.

It appears that you have already had some good advice regarding running an Ethernet cable however if you would still like a second account I am more than happy to support you in getting this done.

I will send you a private message so you can contact me if this is something you would like to do.

Thank you

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @saljaguar23 

Thank you for reaching out to us here, to the community.

Second accounts are perfectly possible, it is something we can provide but it’s not a standard process which is why you may have received conflicting information.

It appears that you have already had some good advice regarding running an Ethernet cable however if you would still like a second account I am more than happy to support you in getting this done.

I will send you a private message so you can contact me if this is something you would like to do.

Thank you

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

saljaguar23
Settling in

thank you so much for your quick reply !