cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled MAC filtering on Hub4 - further problem

RDSK2023
Tuning in

I need to schedule when devices are allowed wifi access but the MAC filtering menu to control Router  Hub4 is not working correctly.

Instead of scheduling wifi access reliably, it will work if I test it for one hour (with wifi disconnecting and reconnecting on time) but if I try to turn off wifi access overnight, then the device does not regain internet at all even though it shows as connected.

The result my son had no internet connection (during the day following the night I scheduled for no wifi) until I cancelled the MAC filter that evening.

It works for one hour but not when scheduled for 8 hours of no wifi overnight.

I have tested this effect several times now.

Please help.

4 REPLIES 4

Client62
Legend

Another fine example of why Wireless MAC filtering should be left Disabled and education of acceptable internet use a better focus.

Seriously if an old fellow like me can in a blink evade Wireless MAC filtering aka WiFi Pausing, school kids will have it cracked in days.

Please could someone provide a technical response rather than an opinion.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

They should never of added this option and may get removed one day.

VM will view this as not supported and they don't test this option when new firmware are done you be better off looking at your own router and put hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi RDSK2023,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

As legacy1 has advised this isn't something we would be able to advise much on. 

I would recommend checking out this link though for help: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/enhance-your-wifi-security

^Martin