cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam call warning

Witneywills
Joining in

I have just received a call on my Virgin landline number the caller told me she was calling from the Virgin technical dept. She said they had detected that my broadband speeds were not as good as I was paying for. She asked me to do a speed check which she than said the ping level was not good enough (it was 18, is that good I don’t know), she then asked what the colour on my hub was. When she told me they needed to connect my hub to the main server, I thought that did not sound right. She then asked me to go to the App Store on my phone and download an app. I knew this was not good idea so told I would not do so and I was ending the call.

Be warned she was very plausible!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Witneywills 👋

Thanks for your post, and welcome to our Forums.

I'm very sorry to hear about this fraudulent call, and as mentioned by Client62, it's great to hear you terminated the call before it could progress further. Please be aware that our team will never contact you to ask for your account or bank details, or to download applications to support further. We also wouldn't ever ask to connect to another server. If you're ever unsure whether the caller is legitimate, please terminate the call and call us back on 📞 0345 454 1111, where our team can verify the legitimacy of the caller.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Client62
Legend

Good job on ending this call before any harm was done.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Witneywills 👋

Thanks for your post, and welcome to our Forums.

I'm very sorry to hear about this fraudulent call, and as mentioned by Client62, it's great to hear you terminated the call before it could progress further. Please be aware that our team will never contact you to ask for your account or bank details, or to download applications to support further. We also wouldn't ever ask to connect to another server. If you're ever unsure whether the caller is legitimate, please terminate the call and call us back on 📞 0345 454 1111, where our team can verify the legitimacy of the caller.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ