Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sat TV Box

Hi

Virgin Media sent me the new Hub 4 and I have installed it successfully.

I have one problem and I hope some one can help with this. I have Red360 TV box and it was working fine with Hub 3. Since I installed Hub 4 I couldn't get the TV box connected to Hub 4. I know that my TV box is not working with 5g and I have managed to separate 2.4 ghz by giving it a new SSID name and password. I have then connected the TV box to the 2.4 ghz but still not working. The only way I can get it to work is by connecting the TV box to Hub 4 by wire.

I will appreciate any help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sat TV Box

Use the wired connection. It will be faster and more stable

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I agree that wired connection is faster and more stable but it not convenient.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If Wi-Fi is your only choice you will need get some more powerful third party Wi-Fi broadcast equipment.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I don't need proadcast equipment since i can see the SSID name when I search for WiFi and I can enter the password but it wants work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

So all that babble at the start of the thread boils down to the 360 TV Box will not work on the Hub 4 2.4GHz Wi-Fi.

Will it connect to the 2.4GHz Wi-fi ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It will connect but doesn't work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like the Wireless Broadcast is too weak to be useable.

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have Virgin Media booster which is not very good. So I put the router next to the TV box to make sure I get a good wifi signal and still didn't work. 

I have 5 year old Asus laptop which it didn't work with the 5g signal but it worked with the 2.4ghz.

Maybe the tv box is not compatible with the wifi signal from Hub 4.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Try moving it closer to the Hub and see if it will work then.

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos