Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Samsung Smart TV

I have a samsung smart TV that is not connecting to the router WiFi. It keeps asking me to connect via WPS but that’s not working. Also suggests adding WPS pin but I don’t know where.

i called VM today but the guy was asking me to pay £5 pm for technical support every month and they can then help me with my TV connection.

any advice?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Samsung Smart TV

Virgin don’t support third party devices.

Have your tried connecting the tv by Ethernet instead?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Not yet but I can try this but I’ve had the tv many years and only just started yesterday.

would Samsung be able to help?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Connect the TV with an ethernet cable and it will save you hours of messing around with frequencies and passwords.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

you can get the wps pin guide -> https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-wps-settings

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Rupey wrote:

would Samsung be able to help?

Yes.  When I had trouble with connecting a V6 to my new Sammy TV i contacted Samsung UK Support and they got back with me and got an agent to remotely connect to my TV and alter some settings and it has been fine ever since.  So if you cant get it sorted on here its worth contacting them

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos