Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safesearch not wirking

Ashcomm
Joining in

Hi,

My safesearch settings is not working.

I have disabled it via the website and app, yet certain sites will not connect.

However, when I use a VPN service, these sites can be reached. So this is not an issue on the website end, more a problem with my Virgin Media service.

Can I have assistance to get this resolved please?

6 REPLIES 6

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you are referring to Web Safe (specifically it Child Safe component), what happens you you try to visit http://protonvpn.com; by default Child Safe blocks access to (most) VPN sites?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

Ashcomm
Joining in

Hi, I cannot acces that website, and am given the response 'This site can’t provide a secure connection'

However when I used ExpressVPN app on my device, the website you provided can be loaded.

My childsafe setting is correctly set to 'OFF', so something is clearly not working on virgins end

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Yes VM don't want to debug the opt out childsafe software on the server thats needs a reboot.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Manually set the DNS on your device to use Google's DNS Servers - i.e. Primary 8.8.8.8 and Secondary 8.8.4.4

You could also use Quad 9 i.e. 9.9.9.9   or Cloudflare  1.1.1.1

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Adduxi that makes no difference, tried all of this and methods related. I would much prefer if Virgin stepped into this conversation and helped to provide the service I am paying for.

Hi Ashcomm,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you're having.

I am happy to take a look into this for you. 

I will private message you now to confirm some details. 

^Martin