cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safari cant establish a connection etc

Jakeurban
Joining in

I am trying to access 18+ websites on my mobile phone in My Home, where I have the Wi-Fi with Virgin. I’m assuming that it’s something Virgin send that I need to be able to change so that I can access 18+ website can I want tell me how to do this is there a control panel anywhere?

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes... log into your VM online account - and in Account settings - Online security - turn "Child safe" off

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Client62
Legend

Looking over at the stream of posts in Stay safe online >> Switched on families this info might be needed.

Bypass Child Safe & Virus Safe

Below are workarounds for when Child Safe & Virus does not or cannot be turned off

Changing network settings to use any Public DNS should re-gain full access for the device.

Try computers with Cisco’s OpenDNS using 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220

OpenDNS provide instructions here : https://use.opendns.com/

For Google Public DNS it would be the same method using  8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

For XBOX or Playstation: modify the network settings and specify the DNS manually as the OpenDNS or Google DNS numbers from above.

For Android: 

Settings >> Connections >> More connection settings >> Private DNS

Set “Private DNS provider name” to:  dns.google   (disable when using mobile data)