EMzHSq5X0AE1w8x.jpg

EMzHTLsXUAMUi28.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: SUPER HUB 3 ISSUES

If you want wireless that just works get your own router with 1Gb ports and put the hub in modem mode.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi VIRTUAL-ALAN, thanks for your post. 

If the Connect app fails to detect your Hub, here’s some things to check. Make sure that:

- You’re connected to your Hub 3’s WiFi network when the app tries to link to it. The app won’t be able to detect your Hub if you’re on mobile data, connected to one of our WiFi hotspots or to a different WiFi network.
- You’re connected to your Hub 3’s WiFi directly and not through non-Virgin Media networking kit such as Boosters, Powerlines, or different WiFi Access Points.
- You’re not connected to your Hub 3’s WiFi guest network. If you have set up a guest network, make sure you are connected to your main network when the app tries to detect your Hub.
- Your Hub 3 isn’t in modem mode. Your Hub is set to router mode by default, but can be changed to modem mode to connect non-Virgin Media networking kit. However, the app won’t be able to detect your Hub in modem mode.
- You’re not using a Virtual Private Network (VPN). If you are using a VPN service, you may have to disconnect from VPN to allow the app to detect your Hub.

Please let us know if any of that helps or not.

Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have the HUB3 hard wired and am trying to connect to is using the virgin app and when i scan the bottom of it to get ttthe bar code etc it says "we cant find a hub.

i dont what difference it would make being on mobile data or wifi and i haved tried both and with same results

Also how can i checkif in modem mode? i do think it is not though/

I am notr using a vpn

this is all so very tiring and or £130+ a month

so something must be wrong.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks but surely virgin should provide products fit for purpose?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

“i dont what difference it would make being on mobile data or wifi and i haved tried both and with same results”

You cannot use mobile data to connect to the Hub3. You must use the VM SSID for the Hub3, do not connect through powerline or WiFi extenders. Does not work in modem mode with your own router. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin told me to use the app to check abpout my hub to see how it is performing but when i do that as poer their instructions it doesnt see the hub even when i scan the bottom of the hub3 as the app says

i am trying to get my hub3 to be more stable as is forever dropping out 

So still no wiser 😞

0 Kudos