If the Connect app fails to detect your Hub, here’s some things to check. Make sure that:
- You’re connected to your Hub 3’s WiFi network when the app tries to link to it. The app won’t be able to detect your Hub if you’re on mobile data, connected to one of our WiFi hotspots or to a different WiFi network.
- You’re connected to your Hub 3’s WiFi directly and not through non-Virgin Media networking kit such as Boosters, Powerlines, or different WiFi Access Points.
- You’re not connected to your Hub 3’s WiFi guest network. If you have set up a guest network, make sure you are connected to your main network when the app tries to detect your Hub.
- Your Hub 3 isn’t in modem mode. Your Hub is set to router mode by default, but can be changed to modem mode to connect non-Virgin Media networking kit. However, the app won’t be able to detect your Hub in modem mode.
- You’re not using a Virtual Private Network (VPN). If you are using a VPN service, you may have to disconnect from VPN to allow the app to detect your Hub.
Virgin told me to use the app to check abpout my hub to see how it is performing but when i do that as poer their instructions it doesnt see the hub even when i scan the bottom of the hub3 as the app says
i am trying to get my hub3 to be more stable as is forever dropping out