cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSL protocol error only on VM connection

Atwatt
Joining in

Unable to reach a number of sites shopping etc. On VM connection without the SSL protocol error. My setting are with child safety off as others suggested but it didn't work. I can open the sites on 4g but I'd rather use my internet as it is what I am paying for. SSL error happens regards of device and browser so definitely VM. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Hero

Bypass Child Safe & Virus Safe

This is a workaround for when Child Safe & Virus does not or cannot be turned off

Changing the computer's network settings to use any Public DNS should re-gain full access.

Try with Cisco’s OpenDNS using 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220

OpenDNS provide instructions here : https://use.opendns.com/

For Google Public DNS it would be the same method using  8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

For an XBOX or Sony Playstation modify the network settings and specify the DNS manually as the OpenDNS or Google DNS numbers from above.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Client62
Hero

Bypass Child Safe & Virus Safe

This is a workaround for when Child Safe & Virus does not or cannot be turned off

Changing the computer's network settings to use any Public DNS should re-gain full access.

Try with Cisco’s OpenDNS using 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220

OpenDNS provide instructions here : https://use.opendns.com/

For Google Public DNS it would be the same method using  8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

For an XBOX or Sony Playstation modify the network settings and specify the DNS manually as the OpenDNS or Google DNS numbers from above.

Is there a way to modify this for Android?

Atwatt
Joining in

Scratch my last message. Open DNS has android article and I fumbled my way through it. Thank you 🙂

Client62
Hero

There is also Cloudflare 1.1.1.1 app for Android.

Also in the Android Chrome browser one can select :
Settings >> Privacy and security >> Use Secure DNS >> Choose another provider  ( pick a DNS from the drop down )