cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSL error with one website, possible VM problem?

s1115476
Joining in

I've been trying to get onto a streaming website recently, but keep getting messages like:

"This site can’t provide a secure connection

beyondlive.com sent an invalid response.

ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR"

It doesn't work on Chrome or Safari, or on my phone, but I can access the website when using mobile data (Vodafone). I tried clearing my cache, checking the date/time, turning the router off/on, disabling the firewall, disabling Chrome extensions, and nothing worked. I don't think we have any parental controls in place as we're all adults, and I couldn't find any when I went into the router settings page.

I used an SSL checker to check the url, and it seems to be fine. Other people are managing to get onto the website without any issues, so I assume it's just me. It worked for me a few weeks ago, but I was at someone else's house. 

Does anyone know what's causing this? I've seen similar posts about this, but those were by website developers and I didn't really understand the solutions offered.
2 REPLIES 2

Cardiffman282
Super solver

It's blocked by VM parental controls

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Ah, thank you. That's interesting, I wouldn't have thought we'd have any in place, but it must be a default setting. I'll try to get in touch with the account owner to get the login details. Thank you!