cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIP/ALG problem Call Dropping

taylorjus
On our wavelength

Hi, my daughter WFH on a call centre. We had to put our VM router into modem mode and use a TP Link router to allow call centre calls. Every now and again calls drop and has been dropping a lot this morning, the call will droppout and internet goes for like a couple of minutes and then comes back. I’ve done all the usual checks and restarted all the modems and run a test on our kit to make sure there are no intermittent issues. I’m not technical at all, but can anyone tell me whether they have this issue and what it could possibly be. I’m worried about getting an engineer out as we have the TP Link sitting in front of it. Any help would be great fully received 

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Post the power levels, Pre and PostRS errors and network log from the Hub. Also setup a BQM to monitor your circuit www.thinkbroadband.com/ping Once done we can comment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I have a not dissimilar issue, although I haven't switched my router to modem mode as the OP has.  I use Gamma VOIP and during almost all calls (as far as I am aware) there will be 2 or 3 seconds of call dropouts and this can happen numerous times during a call.  I'm told that SIP ALG needs to be turned off, but this isn't possible with a Virgin router. and that one solution would be to do as the OP has done, which I am very reluctant to do, especially as the OP has similar sounding problems to those I already have.  Is there any way of identifying what the issue is and/ or can SIP ALG be turned off (my router is, I believe, a Hub 3).

Thanks