cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SH5 No 5Ghz showing up!

Nevakonaza
Dialled in

Hey!

So just received my SH5 upgrade (Thanks VM 🙂 )

Connected it all up, easy quick swap and sets itself up nicely.

So far web pages seem more snappy to load, One thing I've noticed in the settings is for some reason you cannot change the name of the two different Wifi bands, On the SH3 you could name 2.4Ghz something different from the 5GHZ band so you can see them both when looking at wireless devices on your phone, But on SH5 it automatically names both 2.4 and 5Ghz channels the same name with the option to change the 5Ghz channel name greyed out.

But the bigger issue is, I actually have NO 5Ghz showing at all even though its enabled in the hub.

I've tried my Phone, An all in one PC, Laptop etc all which are 5Ghz capable and the 5Ghz band is not showing up on any of these devices...only the 2.4Ghz are.

Appreciate any help 🙂

2 REPLIES 2

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try a pin hole reset of the hub, it has been known to fix the odd problem. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Sorted,

If you change the name on the 2.4Ghz band in Advanced settings -> Wireless-> Security it then un greys out the 5Ghz band as well. Not sure why they did this on the SH5 as it didn't do it on the SH3. 🙂