Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

SH3 with Asus RT-AX88U

I bought an Asus RT-AX88U and connected it to superhub3 (through the modem mode), had few problems but somehow resolved them and was ready to go with the new modem.

The first thing I did was checked how fast was the internet and the results were not as good as I expected.

With the superhub it was 250mbp/s download speed and with the new one it is 86-140 mbps 

Does anyone know what might be the problem causing it ? 

Firmware is updated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: SH3 with Asus RT-AX88U

Has it got QoS switched on - try turning it off.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It was turned off, tried switching it on, still the same
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Power off the hub in modem mode for 2min connect only a PC to the hub and turn on wait for internet (unplugging and replugging the Ethernet) then test your speed with each cable or get some new CAT6 cable.

Should speeds be good with your PC you can connect your PC to the Asus RT-AX88U and use the clone option in WAN settings to copy your PC MAC to the router then connect your router to the hub.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BQM, Test for outgoing ports and SSL/L2TP VPN test
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry didn't got that quite right.
Should I switch off modem mode to test my internet using the superhub (with the ethernet cable)
The cable ( CAT6, i assume) is the new (The one that's going from my SH3 to new modem)
And cloning the settings is part i Dont understand also 😄
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Have the hub in modem mode then power off the hub connect only a PC to the hub and power on the hub till you get internet to do speed tests and test all cables.

You fine the MAC clone in your Asus UI

demoui.asus.com/Advanced_WAN_Content.asp

---------------------------------------------------------------
BQM, Test for outgoing ports and SSL/L2TP VPN test
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I had a simlar problem with a different Asus router a while back. I think I sorted it by enabling Nat Acceleration (under LAN -> Switch Control).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

There wasn't such an option as Nat Acceleration under Lan>Switch control ( Only : Jumbo Frame:Disabled ,Bonding/ Link aggregation: Disabled)

Also, it seems like this download speed problem occurs only when I am connected through the wifi. When I turned on the internet using the cable ( From AX88U to my laptop) and did the speedtest, it was solid 388mbp/s download speed. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Aitinja wrote:

Also, it seems like this download speed problem occurs only when I am connected through the wifi. When I turned on the internet using the cable ( From AX88U to my laptop) and did the speedtest, it was solid 388mbp/s download speed. 

So there is nothing wrong with the network connection.   So either something is limiting the Asus from delivering the wifi speed or your laptop has something running that is limiting the receiving speeds over wifi.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos