Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

SH3 delivery not arrived

Hey there, I ordered a SH3 (qualified free upgrade from SH1) last Monday to arrive Friday just gone. Still nothing nor an update on where it might be, there was nothing added to "My Orders" upon the upgrade request so I have no idea where it might be. Anyone of assistance as cannot get in touch due to call centre closures?

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: SH3 delivery not arrived

Hey there GTAJJ, I'm unable to find your details so I'm unable to take a nosey. I'm unsure whether you've got it sorted since you last posted but I'll send you a Private Message just in case. Please reply back to it if you still want me to take a look for you.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the details @GTAJJ and I'm sorry for the delay in responding to you. I can confirm that a replacement Hub has been ordered for you and should arrive within 5 days. The details can be checked via the online account and make sure you follow the instructions in the package to activate it and let us know if you have any problems with it.

Thanks,

Lisa

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hey there, thank you for getting back to me. It arrived today & I just finished installing it and it is fully working. The only "issue" is that the front light (base light) is a solid yellow instead of white as it said in the manual. Do you know the cause of this? There was no yellow indicator and upon many search queries, others are experiencing the same. The upload/download and upstream/downstream are accurate so I'm unsure if there is some technical issue with the yellow base light. Other than that it is running so far so good.

EDIT: The internet is now being intermittent, every 10 minutes it now disconnects for a few seconds and reconnects; this is wired Ethernet. 😕

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi GTAJJ,

This page from what the router lights mean shows there may be a local outage - https://www.virginmedia.com/help/diagnostics/i-cant-connect/hub-online

You could look at Check service status at the top of the page, or you could try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

The help page also suggests there may be problems connecting to wireless devices.  Have you updated the SSID's on your devices?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

It's on and working today with no disconnects so far but just showing solid yellow on the base light and I can't seem to figure what it means as it's not stated anywhere. Some people are speculating it's a worn out white LED.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi again GTAJJ,

I'm pleased it's all working today and no disconnects.

I've seen other posts on the forums saying it may be a worn out white LED, but would definitely keep an eye on the hub in case it gets hot etc

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hey there Dave,

I am actually getting intermittent disconnects with this "new" Hub 3.0. Which is fine for general browsing but obviously unacceptable for gaming. Shall I see in 24 hours or something?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Can you please

Type 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 in Modem mode) into your browser URL bar and press enter. 

When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’.

Copy and paste the contents of the Downstream, Upstream and Network Log tabs onto here, if you get a yellow warning click the Post button again.

A Guru will be along soon to decipher the info.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi again GTAJJ,

VM isn't like an adsl line. it shouldn't need up to 10 days to settle in.

I would try rebooting the hub, also separating the 2.4 and 5G channels, and renaming them if needed.

Also turn off channel optimisation.

Open a browser and log into your hub 192.168.0.1

Now navigate to the following settings so you can differentiate between the signals.

Advanced Settings > Wireless Signal > click on Disable Channel Optimization  then scroll down and  click on Apply Changes. 

Now go to Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security > Add a 2 to the end of the 2.4GHz Channel name, then further down add a 5 to the 5 GHz Channel name  and click onApply Changes.

You can leave the passwords the same as they are. 

Then log out of the hub at the top of the page

You will need to reconnect all you Wi-Fi devices some will want to connect to 5Ghz and some to 2.4GHz and some will connect to either.

You could also do a search for an app such as wifi analyzer which tells you the strength of the channel you are connected on, and also shows other channels so you can decide if you want to change the channel number on your hub

Advanced Settings > Wireless > Wireless Signal >  beneath both the 5Ghz and  2.4GHz sections click on the manual button, and in the drop down box click on the channel number you want to change it to, then scroll down and  click on Apply Changes

Dave

0 Kudos