Menu
eagleowl0
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

SH3 constantly restarting, around every midnight.

I have an issue what was mentioned in the topic subject. It happens every night. I tried all solutions that I can found here (from similar topics) but the result was 0. 

What else can I do, because like it is written here  - the engineer is not helping a lot. 

18/04/2021 03:15:43Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
18/04/2021 02:58:41criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
17/04/2021 00:35:14Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
01/01/1970 00:01:40criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
16/04/2021 00:41:40Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
01/01/1970 00:01:41criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
14/04/2021 09:57:16Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
14/04/2021 09:34:43criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
12/04/2021 06:41:34Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
12/04/2021 05:54:15criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
12/04/2021 00:30:54Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
01/01/1970 00:01:42criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
11/04/2021 04:16:28Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
11/04/2021 00:34:21noticeLAN login Success;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
11/04/2021 00:34:11Warning!LAN login FAILED : Incorrect Username / Password / ConnectionType;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
11/04/2021 00:20:11Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
10/04/2021 19:52:11criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
10/04/2021 00:11:19Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
01/01/1970 00:01:39criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: SH3 constantly restarting, around every midnight.

VM often do network work at that time of the night that can cause brief outages. They usually only do it for 2 or 3 nights - so how long has it been going on?

To visualise it and get a "record" to present to VM - set up as BQM as per these instructions.

If you haven’t already, set up a free and secure “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM.

Note that it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph” (as per instructions on the TB website) when it starts to develop.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
eagleowl0
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Usually it start around 01.00 am or 01.20 am for a 10 min (router restarting). How this BQM can help? You always recommend this but it hasn't any sense.

Broadband Quality Monitor | thinkbroadband
Broadband Quality Monitor | thinkbroadband

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You haven't posted a link to the BQM share live graph as I said - so your link goes nowhere.

It helps because it is "proof" that it happening and at what times on what days - it should then tally with any problems showing in the logs - there does look to be something odd on a few nights in the logs - but a BQM is proof the VM will accept.

It also give a good picture of the overall quality of your connection to see whether there are any latency issues, dropped packets or an over-utilisation problem in your location, etc.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
eagleowl0
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

They always can see logs. All necessary links on BQM were in the previous post. 

BQM 

0 Kudos
Tudor
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

V6 network maintenance is overnight. For the past few weeks I have had two or three nights each week where the network has been severely impacted from 20:00 until 08:00 the next day. Phoning 150 confirms that the work is in progress and gives a time when it will finish. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
eagleowl0
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have this issue from January)

0 Kudos
Tudor
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Well overnight work has been going on since February in my area, cannot check further back due to change of my own router.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi eagleowl0

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues with the service. 

I have taken a look from our side but it appears we are having a few problems reaching the equipment. 

With this being the case, I am going to need to arrange a technician to come and take a look. 

I have booked an appointment for you and you can view/reschedule or cancel this by visiting your online account here

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
eagleowl0
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Like expected your engineer does not fixed anything. The problem still persists.

I think it will be an issue like here, only a network technician can help me.

"Hi,

For the avoidance of doubt, our issue was that the internet would disconnect, not the WiFi. So our devices would all remain connected to the router, but the router would lose connection to Virgin Media's network.

The issue was resolved - after a lot of pestering - by a local Virgin Media network engineer. Unfortunately Virgin Media like to send round a first line support person initially, so they did the dance of pointlessly swapping my modem etc and so the second time they sent someone round I was armed with all of the info about having had modem swapped and all of the quality monitoring graphs from thinkbroadband. This caused the second guy to escalate my case to his manager. When the manager came a week later I'd established that my neighbors were also having the exact same issue which meant it wasn't something in my house and was definitely on Virgin Media's side. He couldn't do anything but he escalated the issue to the local area networks expert (i.e. the guy who deals with all of Virgin Media infrastructure in our area, not a guy who helps customers with modems ...).

This networks guy, who was incredibly helpful, looked into how our entire development was connected to Virgin Media's network and established that part of the kit on our development - the stuff that was in a cabinet - was really old and needed to be upgraded, as it wasn't compatible with the other equipment Virgin Media now used and was causing a lot of errors on the line. He then swapped out this older connection box thingy and once he'd done that all of the errors disappeared from my modem logs, I could get four (instead of two) upstream channels and everything has been perfect since. Same for my neighbours."

0 Kudos