Menu
BF1979
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Rubbish Broadbabd

Virgin Media has a rubbish wifi and J should contact technical support everyday and submitted a compliant.

When I had contract with Vidafone and TalkTalk I never contacted technical team and have the same number of devices connected with the router but never had any problem. I see Virgin Media clearly stolen my money with it is rubbish broadband service

Can anybody help me?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Sonnyblack
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Rubbish Broadbabd

NO! 

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

you should get your own router.
VM have no garantees for wifi devices

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
BF1979
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

This is really SHAME for Virgin Media who stolen our money without providing good wifi

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@BF1979 wrote:

This is really SHAME for Virgin Media who stolen our money without providing good wifi

You don't sign up for 'good wifi', you sign up for the broadband to your home.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

so what speeds do you get wired

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

VM (& all other BB providers) provide a service that is guaranteed TO the Hub and what comes out from it on an ethernet cabled device. Their T&C's all expressly exclude guaranteeing wifi connections - as it is so influenced by the external environment.

Even BT with its glossy ad's saying wifi is “guaranteed”, also charge £10/month for that and say that if it isn’t sorted they will just give you £100 back. VM try and help by swapping the Hub (just in case!) and providing Pods - at £5/mo, but the reality is, that if the Hub wifi doesnt work well for you then you are far better sourcing your own wireless equipment.

You could try separating the SSID's of the 2.4 and 5 GHz wifi bands and switching off "channel optimisation" - that often helps Hub3 users get better wifi performance - but its still no substitute for better kit.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos