Menu
karenmm
Tuning in
Message 1 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Router status critical SYNCH timing synchronization failyre

Connections with devices in my home network have been been intermittent for months.

I had already tried rebooting the hub but the issue occurs so often,  the number of times to reboot has gotten ridiculous and it really didn't solve the issue anyway. 

I finally realized that I need to log into hub3 and check the router status. I found messages like the following:  

01/05/2021 14:17:30 critical SYNCH Timing synchronization failure -Loss of synch

I checked the community postings for similar and find at least one post that suggests it's not a hub issue and an engineer would have to come and make physical checks.  How can I arrange the appointment?

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router status critical SYNCH timing synchronization failyre

Post the full network, Upstream and Downstream logs. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
karenmm
Tuning in
Message 3 of 28
Flag for a moderator

How would one generate the logs? What is the navigation for viewing and downloading them?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
karenmm
Tuning in
Message 4 of 28
Flag for a moderator

I think I found them under the 5 named tabs (Status, Downstream, Upstream, Configuration,  Network Log) by navigating via Tools > Network Status.  I clicked on Refresh but the issue is not happening at this very moment. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
karenmm
Tuning in
Message 5 of 28
Flag for a moderator

I made a change to use two SSID's instead of only one,  so the 2.4G and the 5G are now separate.  I'm now waiting to detect that the issue is still happening (or not).

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi karenmm,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thanks for your first post.

I'm sorry to hear you've been facing a few problems with your broadband service over the past few months now. These types of errors which you're receiving can be normal as they can accumulate over time and the odd few are nothing to worry about.

I've been able to find the back end of your services and all of your hub specs are within the expected parameters and nothing stands out that could be the cause. If you have made some changes to the WiFi settings on your hub please do keep us posted with how things go this week and if you see any improvements.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
karenmm
Tuning in
Message 7 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Thanks a lot for your reply Beth.

The issues that I've been having for months are not normal at all.  However,  I've made some changes and am monitoring the situation.  I won't know until I have a full house again (with associated devices being used). The critical issue is to have reliable internet whilst working from home,  and this had not been the case and is a job-risking situation.  Surely Virgin Media could advise customers proactively with the what and how in such situations,  something specific other than a check and reset of the hub could be incredibly helpful.  I'm very unhappy with the increased issues especially combined with increased price. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 28
Flag for a moderator

If you need stability use a wired connection not wireless.

Residential services are not meant for home working so there’s no coverage for loss of work etc. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
karenmm
Tuning in
Message 9 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Are you a virgin media employee staying this?

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @karenmm

You can see if posters are staff by looking at their profile to the left 🙂 If you need more information about the poster, you can click their name and you'll see more information. For a list of staff you can check here: Good Folk to Know

I am sorry that you've been having some issues for months - thanks for making the changes; I hope they do help. When checking your account from here I can see that it's been around 6 days since the Hub was rebooted. 

You do have quiet a lot of devices connected via WiFi for the speed you subscribe to so this could be causing some issues. Some devices are too far away from the hub which is advising that they are not as happy as they should be. 

One device in particular is too close to the Hub which is causing bandwidth issues with other devices - this device would be better connected via Ethernet if possible or moved away from the hub on a different frequency. 

Currently we have no devices connected via Ethernet so it may be with attempting to connect some of your devices that way to help  with your WiFi coverage

Keep us posted

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos