Menu
Scotini69
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Router reccomendation for superhub 4

Can anybody recommend a router to use with virgin superhub 4? Under £100
Better still can anybody tell me why my superhub 4 doesn't give most of my devices an IP address anymore which just happened overnight☹️
Virgin man says it must be all my devices broken at the same time 😡

Thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router reccomendation for superhub 4

Any decent router or mesh system will cost upwards of £100

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Scotini69 wrote:

Can anybody recommend a router to use with virgin superhub 4? Under £100
Better still can anybody tell me why my superhub 4 doesn't give most of my devices an IP address anymore which just happened overnight☹️
Virgin man says it must be all my devices broken at the same time 😡

Thanks in advance 

This if you want a single device, this if you want a mesh system. either will be better than the hub. 

mjpartyboy
Superfast
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've been using the Asus AC86U for a few years now and it has been great.

If you're not bothered about AX, then the Netgear R7800 is regarded as a great wireless router as well. I haven't owned this one myself though, but came close a few times on a pre-owned one to see how it compares to the AC86U, but missed out on the auctions.
0 Kudos
padremo
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have some IP cameras which all lost connection to their cloud servers at about midnight for the last few weeks, then 3 days ago they completely stopped working (reason being smart wifi was forced on on the router which some wifi gadgets don't like).

I purchased an ASUS RT-AC68U AC1900 for £105 and cannot recommend it enough - the difference to the Hub 4 is amazing in terms of connection speeds, and all cameras now work.  They do newer models with wifi 6 or faster speeds than 1900, but I didn't need all that for the extra cost.

0 Kudos
mjpartyboy
Superfast
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The AC68U became a bestseller for Asus. They tried to capture that magic with its successor, the AC86U, even down to its standing up orientation.
0 Kudos
RedGooner
Super solver
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Any Asus router, and if it has WIFI6 its even better.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?
0 Kudos