cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router not resetting

Clarice_g
Joining in

Hello,
Following a power outage I am unable to get internet through my virgin hub4. There is a solid white light and that is all. I tried factory reset by holding down the reset button for 60 seconds but it does nothing.
Any suggestions please?
thanks C

8 REPLIES 8

carl_pearce
Community elder

@Clarice_g wrote:

Hello,
Following a power outage I am unable to get internet through my virgin hub4. There is a solid white light and that is all. I tried factory reset by holding down the reset button for 60 seconds but it does nothing.
Any suggestions please?
thanks C

Access the HUB on 192.168.0.1, then select 'Check router status' underneath the login box.

Thank for your help. I tried this on my phone and I get ‘connection timed out’. The light has just gone out on the router so I’ll see what happens in 10mins. If nothing I will switch it on an off again. 🤪. Be in touch shortly. Thanks. C

Connect to the hub with a Laptop and ethernet cable.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Thank you so much. I tried this via laptop and cable but it won’t let me access the hub as “no internet” comes up on my browser.

but again the light has gone out on the hub again as I plugged the Ethernet cable into my laptop and searched for the hub.

all very strange. Not sure what to try next.  

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Clarice_g

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues accessing your Hub and your connection. 

Can you please confirm that all cables leading to the equipment are secure and without damage? 

Also, are you able to test a wired connection using a different port on the Hub and Ethernet cable? 

Please let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Hello. 

I tried everything and all suggestions, Virgin came out and replaced the broken router - it was the only option. 

thanks all for your help. 

c

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Clarice_g 

Thanks for your response

Absolutely great to hear so and thank you for your response. Glad to hear this is all sorted now, have a great day!

Be sure to contact us if you do ever require any further assistance

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Another Hub 4 that failed following a power cut.