cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router needs replacing

KTed
Joining in

My router is really old and gets so hot I have to shut it down overnight. It takes more than 10 minutes to boot up and sometimes doesn’t kick in at all. I have no idea how to contact VM for help with this. Customer service doesn’t seem to exist and the app doesn’t cover it. I have even raised a complaint which has so far been ignored. Anyone got any idea what I can do next?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

See this for contacting VM...

Firstly call it in on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate). Use option 2 (faults), dont press any other buttons when offered and you should be in the queue for the next agent.

If you get cut off after an automated reboot cycle, just call back in a couple of minutes as the system should know that you have just been on and it hasn’t helped and put you in the queue.

Try now, but calling at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickly at busy/closed times you may get redirected to offshore - hence calling early is best.

You can text VM on 0753 305 1809 include account name/number and what the issue is, there is also a “Chat” option on their website - but note that replies usually take longer. Or you can speak to the team on WhatsApp by logging into your online account via a mobile handset and there will be a link to speak to VM by Whats App (the number is 0730 532 71120 - but no guarantee)

FINALLY… A VM person will pick this up on here and respond, but it can take a few days for them to get here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What hub is it? What colour is the LED?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

See this for contacting VM...

Firstly call it in on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate). Use option 2 (faults), dont press any other buttons when offered and you should be in the queue for the next agent.

If you get cut off after an automated reboot cycle, just call back in a couple of minutes as the system should know that you have just been on and it hasn’t helped and put you in the queue.

Try now, but calling at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickly at busy/closed times you may get redirected to offshore - hence calling early is best.

You can text VM on 0753 305 1809 include account name/number and what the issue is, there is also a “Chat” option on their website - but note that replies usually take longer. Or you can speak to the team on WhatsApp by logging into your online account via a mobile handset and there will be a link to speak to VM by Whats App (the number is 0730 532 71120 - but no guarantee)

FINALLY… A VM person will pick this up on here and respond, but it can take a few days for them to get here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @KTed,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you have been having this issue with your Hub, I can see that you have spoken to our team since posting this here, were the team able to go about assisting you further with this?

Joe

Hi Jo, 

No, I’m afraid the ‘team’ weren’t very helpful. I asked for a new router because mine is 6 years old,  overheats all the time and takes at least 10 minutes to boot up. Sometimes it doesn’t boot up first time. I also have to turn it off at night and when I’m out. Can you please arrange for a replacement?

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You have to do this in a diplomatic way, you cannot just say my "Router needs replacing". The way to tackle it is to say your hub is overheating and takes a long time to start up. Request a technicians visit to look at the problem. You do not say what service you have and what hub it is. VM supply the correct hub for your level of service. If you have a hub3 it might even be replaced with a refurbished hub3.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thank you for that information KTed. We're sorry to hear the contact wasn't helpful. 

We are happy to look into this for you. 

I will private message you now to confirm your details. 

^Martin

That’s super-helpful. Thanks so much