Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Router lights

so my router only has the base yellow light on. I’ve checked all connections, rebooted it numerous times, tried the factory reset button and still the same. When it boots up all the other lights go green including the bottom light, but after a few minutes it’s all yellow. While I still get internet and WiFi, it is dramatically slower than usual. Standing next to the router on WiFi I normally get 190mbps, now I get anything from 4-20. On a wired in console I would normally get just over 200mbps when test connection on that and now it’s about 70 but the packet loss and latency have shot up making playing online near impossible. I’ve been on Twitter and had no response, currently sat on the phone for an hour and still waiting so hoping someone can answer here what’s wrong or what I can do to resolve this. 

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router lights

Is there anything on the Service Status page?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Service status is saying no issues in the area, and a remote test online says no issues

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

What wired speeds do you get on something that isn't a console?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

About the same. Previously lap top plugged in was running around 200 now it’s between 50 and 85

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Post the Network, Upstream and Downstream logs from the hubs admin pages

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

After an hour and 20 minutes I got through to someone and they are sending a new hub so hopefully that will resolve the issue

0 Kudos