cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router keeps rebooting

stranksa
Joining in

Hi,

I've a Hub 3 Fibre Router which intermittently is rebooting itself causing me to lose connection for all devices in my home. Particularly annoying during work conference calls!

It happened a couple of times yesterday and a further 3 times today.

Is there anything going on with the service? I've checked 'Service Status' and nothing is reported.

I'm located in Essex, UK.

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi stranksa, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm really sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your Hub rebooting. Taking a look at the account I can see the Hub has been online for nearly 2 days now and you've also spoken to the team. 

How are things now? Are you still having the reboots or have things settled down? 

Let us know. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath,

Did a reset of my Hub 3 configuration using the reset button at the back (10 second push) and that seems to have sorted it out.

Call into the team was because the download performance wasn't great after the reset but that sorted itself out after about 30 minutes. I'm putting that down to the WiFi sorting out which channels to use etc...

Many thanks

Andy

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @stranksa,

Thank you for the update, I am glad to see it is working for you.

Hope you have a nice Sunday 🙂

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

hi I have problem with reebooting many times a day since months. Had 5 engineers and they didn't sort it 😕 give up while ago and live with it but if that will be the same all the time i will change provider can you help me??

regards

Hey @citron,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you've been having with your connection.

Please could you setup a broadband quality monitor here, this can help us determine the cause of the issues and hopefully help to get them resolved.

Please give this a few days and post the results on this thread and the community and forum team members, will be able to analyse this for you. 

Also please can you post the network logs from your hub, you can do this by following the instructions below:

In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. On the first page up [there should be no need to login if you have done so before]

click on the “router status” icon/text at bottom-middle of first page up and then copy/paste 3 FULL sets of data onto here – from the Downstream, Upstream, & Network Logs pages.

You can post these straight away or wait to post them with your BQM.

Regards,

Steven_L