Menu
MDub
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Router issues wired and Wi-fi

Hi, can anyone give me advise on my Broadband set up from Virgin. I have a fibre conection to the brown box outside, a cable into the TV from it which never seems to be a problem.

From the Brown box to the router is a co-ax cable about 15 metres long, the router is Hub 3.0 VMDG505/TG2492LG-VM Although I have a 200MBPS account I never seem to get more than 30-40 MBPS. We have about 8 devices wired in and up to 20 devices connected by Wifi, phones, tablets cameras, Hive etc. the wifi signal is poor to 50% of the House and Virgins Booster kit made no difference. 

Does anyone know if the router is suitable and if the 15M long Co-axial cable from the Brown box to the router would slow it down or have we got too many things connected?

Is there a maximum number of devices that can connect to a 3.0 router?

Any Ideas would be gratefuly received. At the moment the system is worse than before I had Fibre Broadband with a 70MBPS connection.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router issues wired and Wi-fi

What speeds do you get when wired direct to the hub?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
MDub
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Today Down 38.5 and Up 20.6 using fdc and 32 down and 20.6 up using Virgin
0 Kudos
MDub
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Today Down 38.5 up 20.6 on fdc and down 32 up 20.6 on Virgin ? Is that of help?

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

On a wired connection? From what device?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos