cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router down since Monday evening

upforit365
Joining in

My router has stopped working, as all my home automation/security is no longer available from my phone ad it always is.

I've had somebody power the router off and on multiple tmes to no avail. I'm physically not able to be next to the router to troubleshoot, what are my options to do anything remotely (have tried service status, but it fails on the final.chacks)

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @upforit365 

Sorry to see you are having connection issues.

Which router do you have and what are the lights doing?

The following page, especailly the section, "understand what the lights on the WiFi hub mean" might help

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/virgin-media-wifi-not-working 

It might be a known issue. Have you tried calling the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

upforit365
Joining in

Thabks for the advice. I can't physically access the router as I'm not at the property (and out of the country), I have done all the usual checks you can do through the app/website (status checks, etc). I have also had a neighbour reboot/rest the router but no joy. I can't see any options other than to wait until my return frustratingly.

Hello upforit365,

I am sorry to hear about the issue you are having with the Router.

I had a Hub failure last week, but am now back up and running.

In my case the unit was bad and had to be replaced.

You did not say what the unit's response is to rebooting and resetting, but if it is not responding at all except for a steady light, the chances are it is a terminal issue.

As you are aware, someone needs to be there to follow all the diagnostic procedures.

In view of the security concerns you mentioned, it is worth considering that your neighbour (who you obviously trust) and yourself could coordinate a VirginMedia remote test of your system/unit. If a fault is detected, you will be automatically offered an engineer visit.

Your neighbour, or someone else will need to be present at the appointment. They will need to be over 18 yrs old.

If you could manage that, you could be up and running in just a few days.

I wish you the best, and be blessed.

upforit365
Joining in

I was able to resolve this only when I had access to the router. Thanks for everyone's inputs and help

Client62
Legend

What adjustments did you need to make to the VM Hub to get the service working again ?