Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Router crases the same time everyday

Hi, 

My router seems to drop WiFi signal every day around 4pm. I have two ethernet devices connected to it (Nvidia Shield and TP Link Powerline). I also have my phoneline connected to it. The TP Link Powerline feeds two wifi extenders, one in my utility room for my Ring security cams and the other in my garden room which feeds my work laptop, google speaker, hot tub wifi and Lightwave 4 gang light switches. 

It eventually starts up again after about 20 minutes and a "switch it off and on again", but I'm finding it incredibly disruptive to my work. This has happened everyday for around a month now. 

Any tips? 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router crases the same time everyday

Are the wired connections dropping as well?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gary, 

Yep, the whole lot loses internet connection. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can you set up a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM) at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the other side of the Hub, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing although you should post the link straight away.

Post a link to your BQM on here.

Instructions for posting BQM Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and in the ‘text to display’ box write My BQM then click OK - you can post the link straight away.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos