Menu
dugganharper
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Router connection with wifi turned off

Hi, I'm having WiFi speed issues but can't connect to my Hub3 using the virgin app to fault find because the WiFi on the hub has been turned off and we're using a third party WiFi router/gateway network in its place. 

Does anyone know how I can connect the App to the hub3 to fault find the Internet speed issues and other please?

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
brooksy79
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router connection with wifi turned off

No the hub needs to be in router mode or log in via the IP address

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If the hubs wifi is turned off then you need to fault-find on the third-party device.

What device are you using?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
dugganharper
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, the problem there is that I can't connect to the router to turn the WiFi back on. 

0 Kudos
dugganharper
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I thought this might be the case. They are Deko M4R units, I've tried resetting them ( power off for 10s then back on) bit no marked improvement 

0 Kudos
Richw1982
Superfast
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Try a pinhole reset, press the reset button in for 15 seconds and release for 5.  Do this 3 times and it will reset the default settings

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Have you put the hub into modem mode?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
dugganharper
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have, I did it to remove the WiFi network my devices kept seeing once the Deko wifi router network was installed, but I can't figure out how to connect to the virgin hub now to turn it on as the IP address doesn't seem to work even when I'm hard wired into the hub via an rj4t cable. 

0 Kudos
sophist
Problem sorter
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

with the hub in modem mode, it'll be on http://192.168.100.1 rather than .0.1 - have you tried browsing to that?

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@dugganharper wrote:

Yes I have, I did it to remove the WiFi network my devices kept seeing once the Deko wifi router network was installed, but I can't figure out how to connect to the virgin hub now to turn it on as the IP address doesn't seem to work even when I'm hard wired into the hub via an rj4t cable. 

192.168.100.1 is the IP you need 

0 Kudos