Menu
whoops1234
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Router and Killer Nework card

I've been having problems with my router rebooting itself made 30 times a day. I've had 6 engineers out and countless phone calls. I've had my router, all wires and connections changed but it still doing it. 

it only seems to do it if I'm connected with my Dell XPS 13 laptop. This has a Killer™ Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 network card. Could this be the cause? Reading up it seems likely. Anyone have a solution?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router and Killer Nework card

Cant help directly (I am all Apple) but the VM Hubs dont broadcast wifi6. Is there anywhere in the Dell settings to alter it to wifi5 only and see if that stabilises it?

Or ask in one of the the Dell fora?

If you want wifi 6 speeds on the Dell (or anything) you will need to buy yourself a wiifi6 router or Mesh system and use the Hub in modem mode.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
whoops1234
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router and Killer Nework card

Thanks for the reply. I think wifi 6 is compatible with wifi 5 so not sure that's it

0 Kudos